First Grade Curriculum 2017-2018
English \ Language \ Literature
- Growing with Grammar (2017-2018) – good, basic descriptive grammar, most lessons can be completed independently. Stopped using to try out a more comprehensive Classical program
- Hooked on Phonics Second Grade (2017-2018) – Found this unnecessary after child is already reading.
- I pick about six books — short stories, tales and novels — from John Senior’s Good Book List. These are the stores I read aloud to all the kids regardless of grade level.
- English From the Roots Up
- First Language Lessons (2019-2020)
- All About Spelling Level 1
- Science 1st Grade (2017-2018) – boring, stale, textbook. No longer use.
- Science Learning in the Early Years (2019-2020) — themed science experiments to demonstrate science principles by observation and hands-on-experiments
- Saxon Homeschool Level 2 (2017-2018) — We found it difficult to pace ourselves, no real way to slow down or speed up, left us all frustrated.
- Singapore Math (2019-2020)
- The Baltimore Catechism I
- Parish School of Religion
- Draw Write Now Level 3
- Story of the World Volume 1 by Susan Wise Bauer